Monday, October 22, 2012

Car Accident


I was on my way home from a chiropractor appointment, rehabilitation for my jaw surgery. Luckily I had my “splint” in (a hard plastic retainer type thing that connects on to my braces with elastics and keeps my mouth shut and in place.) I was on I-15 north getting on the south bound (it’s a really messy spot of the freeway), anyways there was traffic, quite a bit of it. I was driving, it was stop and go traffic, the person in front of me stopped so I did too. The girl behind me hit me going about 20mph while I was stopped completely, she hit me so hard that I hit the car in front of me. I was smashed in between two cars. I was really nervous/scared about my jaw. Instantly my neck, back and jaw started hurting. I didn’t want to go get checked out, but I decided with Logan’s help that I should, rather be safe than sorry. They said everything looked okay, but that I should follow up with my jaw doctor and chiropractor. My chiro after about a week took some x-rays (luckily I had some done before the accident so we could compare them.) it was definitely worse, I then followed up with my jaw doctor in florida about 3 weeks later. He took a cat scan, he said that the accident had back tracked me about 3-5 months. I had a ton of back and neck pain for months, it hurt so bad. I ended up having to take a break from school because I would go and start bawling almost everyday after about an hour in pain. i'm so glad that my heavenly father was watching over me and that it wasn't any worse! 

No comments:

Post a Comment